Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thrown off the bus?

Looks like a big gap up today. Again I am in a quandary here. Did we get the last 5 week low at 5200? A little early but still in the window. So did the market just throw us weak hands off the bus, consolidate ABOVE 5200 and is getting ready to take off? Funny how that works. And I did mention that possibility a little while back. Nuts!

See the ST screenshot below.



Sentient Trader Software

See those question marks? Its actually ST's way of saying possible low might have been seen and as some more days and price conditions are met, it confirms the low.

I do not know exactly what to do right now. I covered some shorts yesterday when we tested 5200 area. The rest is hedged with 5300 calls. So today likely will just take the pain and wait for more clarity. I might also start buying back into the cash positions I sold few days back. Yeah I know dumb move on my part but this is how cycle lows work..throw most people out of the bus and then reverse.

The other big thing here is the downslopping trendline which comes at approximately 5450-5500 area. Unless market clears that area, we cannot confirm anything at all.
I might not post for few days until more clarity emerges.

One more thing..I mentioned I would address the longer term buy question. I am not very sure but I think if this 80 week low is in which it most likely is, then we should be cleared for upward prices atleast until next Feb-March timeframe. This will be when the next 40 week cycle tops approximately. We will fine tune as we go along. But markets might be bullish into that timeframe..maybe even very bullish once we clear 5500. Then again I am expecting a bear move into the 40 week lows toward end of June timeframe. All very fluid right now and we need to see as we go along. Cannot assume anything right here. I remember someone mentioning Vivek Patil's views which seems to gel with what I am saying above. So I also concur with it..Can anyone post a direct link to his latest views?

As always, comments are welcome. Have a good long weekend all!

EDIT: I just wanted to add one more thing. The most likely scenario here is that we test 5400-5450 range here and then go down again to test the 5200 support again before taking off to the upside. Else we could just take out 5450 and take off. Wait and watch.


Best,
Lee

1 comment:

tanayb51 said...

Link for Vivek Patil's views : -
content.icicidirect.com/ULFiles/UploadFile_20111031101745.asp