Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Friday - EDITED

SO..market reopening after 2 days off. Will be interesting to see how we perform today. In my opinion its bit of a toss up today. Since we were closed for 2 days and other markets performed reasonably good in those days, we should have a tendency to catch up. However today US markets were weak. So we might also exhibit weakness sometime during the session today.

Last time, I mentioned that the 10 week low was in and we are bouncing out of it..And what a bounce. Going in even at 4840 levels yielded awesome profits. So it was a good trade and call. Now as I have mentioned several times before, we are in the last 10 week cycle of the 80 week, the 4.5 year and the 9 year cycle. So this is an extremely bearish cycle. Which basically means the top of this cycle will be left translated. Basically that is how the bearish cycles will work - The tops will come in very very early in the cycle - thats how we get left translation. In bull markets - exact opposite - Right translated cycles where the peak is formed very late and then weak and quick declines. Hope I am making sense. This one might be forming the peak already around here or maybe a bit more higher around the 5100-5150 range. This is what I am looking for now to slowly scale into shorts.

I am not sure if I should start today or wait for a few more days. I will take a call as we go through the trading the day. 5100 area and above might be good to start scaling in slowly. The important thing is not to get too confident on this and also to play position sizing adequately.



Now if you look at this chart, the breakdown point is quite clear - 5200. This is where the descending triangle broke down and culminated in a devastating move down to 4750. So this is why I was saying any rallies have a maximum cap of this area. If we do manage to go above and sustain above, then we have to admit that something else is going on. We arent supermen with insights into the future - we are traders - so we have to operate on IF-ELSE scenarios - sorry just grounding expectations here. We have good odds but that does not justify not using stops or stop out points.

So for the bearish case, 5200/5220 is the point where it should not go above.

Over next few days to 1 week is the timeframe I expect for this topping process. We should back in and out toward this. Not sure exactly what structure we will take but let us see. My bias is very clear - I will be looking for a top during the next few days - maybe sometime next week - maybe sometime today. Will wait and see how we trade today because making any further decisions.

Thoughts and Comments are welcome.

Oh and by the way, Chandra, I do have analysis on US markets also. I will put this up over the next few days. I do tie up my analysis b/w India and the US very closely even though I dont mention it here. I will explain more in next post(s).

EDITS

1. Big Gap up..Shorted a pilot position on the gap up and hedged it as well. Now wait and watch if this warrants additions to position.


Best,
Lee

7 comments:

Sujatha said...

Hi lee - My assumption matching with your technicals. Is it possible to change the "colour" in your charts. yellow shade is very light.

During 2008 bear market after falling from high of 6357 to low of 4448 just in 10 trading days. Moved high again 5545 in next 10 days. Rise nearly abv 50% induced a feeling bull mkt has resumed but again it slide for next few months up.to 2252 with a few dead cat bounce. So my assumption is the same “story repeating”?? this “long run” may continue for some more days as intra indicators showing OB but daily giving buy and looking up. (but am not trading based on indicators) it’s just like a “pickle” :)
I didn’t any charts for this just checked the “price”.

Lee said...

Hi Sujatha,
Which chart? Yellow shade in the chart in this post or earlier one? Yeah I can do that...just trying to figure which one..Yes I do see the fibo level in this chart is quite light.

Anyhow..yeah well not as bad as 2008 in my view..I still see this as a pretty serious correction in a bull market. After this gets over, I expect new all time highs...But not yet..

As for lower targets..I dont even want to mention them here for the fear of scaring people..lol :) And also do want to take one step at a time..for now all I know is a low is expected in Oct end timeframe to Nov mid timeframe.

And the parallels with 2008 you mentioned about the drops(and the rallies in between) are dead on..May run for some more time you are right..thats why I am keeping just pilot positions for now..Dont have the guts to go long at this level..except for quick hits and runs.

regards,
lee

Sujatha said...

Hi,
thanks for your reply. yeah u hv mentioned 4285 na? that's very light. :P :) If u r with 3800 target i will not be wonder as i am expecting the same and below too :) nothing offence in post your lower target with a DISCLAIMER

Me too not comfortable in longs (no guts) hence waiting to break of 50% fibo of yearly atleast for "short time" . I am watching october & sept lower level puts to accumulate all "depends upon the timing" :)Index compensating two days holidays?? sensex may targetting 17100 +200 is nothing for this index.

Kumar Technicals said...

Dear Lee!

Hi! I am ok ok, You are too good but we cant beat our Sujatha, she is the best. If she said 3800 then it will be, even 3600 may be...market listens her very easily:)

Good work, keep it up:)

Rgrds,

Kumar

Sujatha said...

Aha kumar sir here also lolz :D :)

By the way who knows Lee only slapped DOW it seems :)

regds

Lee said...

He he Kumar sir..yes of course ;)
Dont be so modest yourself!
Thanks for your wishes..

Sujatha, 3800..probably..3600 possibly..3400 - I like this number also - how is that going to work out? :-) Why dont we close that election gap down below..! And then get it all done with..And then we can start the next bull..Yeah I know..probably just a fantasy..I will take anything in the below 4000 range..3800-3600 is a good target.

I too want to get into some low priced puts of Oct or Nov even..but dont have that much good experiences with options..Timing is very important...4800 Oct puts in the 70s range would be pretty good..Nov Puts in that range would be too good..I might start scaling in soon if we manage to get near 5100 again.

How that whack on the Dow :) Good to cover shorts on Monday probably and wait for a bounce..will see how it goes.

Best,
Lee

anand said...

anand said...
Dear Lee Sir

I had read your last 3-4 posts for the first time today and I am quite amazed to see such wonderful analysis. You are really superb. I am new to this market and impressed with Sujatha Madam remarks also. May God bless you all. Thanks

Dr. Anand Bansal