Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Couple of Questions to All

I had a couple of questions/requests to all...I would appreciate it if anyone responds helping me out with this.

1. I wanted to build an intraday database on Amibroker esp for Nifty but am unable to find good sources of data for this. I have a subscription to desitradermall but downloading each days worth of data and building a DB for more than 2 years is a monumental effort..I know backups are there but even there, the data has differences, is a little bit spotty..so I tried but was not able to get this done..The main reason I am trying to do this is to be able to put EW counts on the whole correction we have got from the last top. So any help in getting the database built up would be appreciated.
The other option is - if anyone has the database already in ami, I could just copy it over and it should work - Please comment if anyone can help me out in this.

2. Tax question. I havent filed anything in my tax returns related to stocks till now. I am unsure how I need to go about this. I started trading back in 2003 mid/end timeframe. So till now no details about my trading operations in my tax returns. But I have been filing tax regularly based on my normal day job income and details. So basically its an omission from the returns.
The main reason I wasnt concerned in the initial years is because I wasnt really making much but now I need to do this to avoid future problems. So I am unsure how to go about this. Is there any way I can account for all the previous trading details in my next return? Will I get in any sort of trouble wrt fines etc if I decide to show all years or just the past one year? Is there any way to avoid this? What is the best way to get everything back to normal and legal? Any help is appreciated.

Comments and suggestions requested.

Thanks,
Lee

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Lee
If you need eod data than go to volumedigger.com
Datadownloader software is good 4 eod data download i use that for ami

Prashanth said...

Have mailed you the data. As to the second question, file from this year onward. No use trying to wake up the dead and buried

Lee said...

Hi Prashanth,
Its been a long time. Thanks for the mail and data..I have replied to you by mail..Please do reply when you get a chance..I had no idea you were still checking my blog..Nice to get back in touch!

Hi Jigs,
Thanks for the reply..I will check it out a little later.

Best,
Lee

AD said...

YOU WOULD NEED TO PUT THE SAME UNDER THE SPECULATION HEAD WHERE THE TAX OUTGO IS 30%. YOU COULD HAVE PUT IN UNDER BUSINESS INCOME BUT THAN YOU ARE SHOWING INCOME FROM YOUR JOB.

FOR PAST GAINS YOU SHOULD REFER TO YOUR ACCOUNTANT FOR HOW TO INCORPORATE INTO YOUR PRESENT RETURNS ~ ESP RELATED TO ANY PENALITIES. BUT IT IS BETTER TO SHOW BECAUSE IT GUYS CAN ASK YOU TO FURNISH RECORDS FOR PAST 7 YEARS IF I AM CORRECT IN CASE OF AN AUDIT.

DJ said...

Hi Prashant,

Would you kind enough to share with me also the Intraday data. Right now, I am doing some statistical analysis on EOD data and once I get that into shape am looking to do the same analysis for Intraday. My email id is dhananjaya.reddy.m@gmail.com.

Thank you