Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Adjustments

Okay here is what I did...Closed 3000 Calls(hedge) at approx 50.5

Entered 2900 Calls(as a hedge) size 2000 at approx 85...

Enter 2700 Puts size 1000 at approx 98...

As always all updated in sheet above..I saw some Qs asking about the trades..I dont see what is
so difficult to understand here..Whatever trades I take goes to 'open' and whatever I close, goes to 'closed'...Whats so difficult to understand? Comeon guys do some research on your own.

I know I know..Their is a good chance this trade will be a loser eventually..But as always I have to play the odds...I have to play my system and my gut feel..

Best.

3 comments:

long.short said...

isnt the 2700 feb put a bit early??

i mean wouldnt it be wise to look how todays closing is going to be shaped.

long.short said...

hey am sajal.created my own blog too..
http://market-god.blogspot.com/

all the best

Sridhar Raghavan said...

Lee, I thought I'll drop you a note to remind you to update the booked P&L amount. I don't think the amount is updated post todays trades. But then, perhaps you do it at the end of the day and I'm jumping the gun :-)

Great initiative to have your trades out in the open. Just a small observation - since it is so early in the Feb series, aren't the options a little too pricey? Specially with time decay kicking in if markets remain in a range for a while.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to have a smaller position size at the start of the series and then build the position along with hedges down the line? I know you've discussed hedges and your hedging strategy in the past, so please feel to ignore my comments.

Cheers and all the best - Sridhar