Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Monday, October 17, 2011

Some thoughts..

Charts are there in previous posts. Still relevant for today. Just thought I would add some words to it for today :)

Looks like the 2.5 and probably the 5 week cycles have topped and we are now moving toward the 2.5week low expected this Friday(+or-1day). From there we are likely to have a bounce which can be again reshorted for a downmove into the 80week cycle nest of lows expected in Nov 1st week.

Now there has been a lot of good debate on the extent of the next downmove - some of this can be read in the earlier post comments. We are clear about the direction but its the magnitude that is doubtful at this point to me. Why? Because the upmove we saw from the last 5 week low was pretty awesome. And its not something one might expect from the last 5 week low in this 80 week cycle. So for this reason, the downmove also might not be as big as was initially expected. Now remember this is all speculation - we are sure of direction..so let us play that for now. Let the market go where it wants to go - we will profit from it as we know the time cycles.

Now why do I think this downmove wont be as big as initially expected? Market Internals are the major reason. Sunil over at TIMAMO has given some good studies on it. This is just one thing. Breadth is important - its like looking under the hood at a car's engine - on the surface things can look great or ugly..its only when you lift up the hood and look at the internals that you begin to see things that werent very obvious before. Sunil does some pretty good studies on this.
Apart from this, I track internals of the US market very closely..Better tools are available for this. And things are slowly becoming bullish.

All these reasons are telling me we might get at best a higher low. And for this reason, I do not think we will break 4700 this year. But I still reserve the right to change my views at any point :) I have been wrong many many times before! :D

But remember as I said above - Trading has got nothing to do with these so called forecasts. We trade for money and NOT to be RIGHT - Want to stress this point.

Many times I end up being wrong - but still manage to make some money out out it. As traders this should be our aim. Ego can be costly to any trader.

Now coming to cycles - I have some ideas as to why we might be turning bullish earlier than expected - Its because of sectors. Meaning there are many sectors out there..Oil and Gas, IT, FMCG etc..some of these sectors might have already bottomed out with their 80 week cycles..And so they might be lending upward pressure even though the broader 80 week lows have not yet come in. So...what I would say is be careful either way out there..The fag ends of cycles can be brutal if we have fixed mindsets - So I just say be flexible in your thoughts and positions.

Position Updates - I am short from yesterday open. Will try to cover at the 2.5 week low and reshort on a bounce into the 80 week low. This is the plan. I will also be looking to buy into good stocks for delivery as we go into the expected low. I am starting some pilot positions already just to track them. Let the market decide how far it wants to go in this downmove.

I hope with above post and explanation, my stand on this is a little bit more clear.
I dont really care how far down we might go.


=====================================================================================


Ok, so thats my thoughts on the market. Next, several folks asked me about the Hurst software that I use and they wanted to get some more idea around it. I am going to do a write up here..show some examples of how the S/W works. The trades it generates, projections etc.

The software is called Sentient Trader. I have given a link on the top of this page which will direct you to the home page of Sentient Trader.

About the S/W - It is a great package out there in the market today which sticks to Hurst Cyclic principles to generate cyclic projection both time and price based. So it will give you projections in time and for price as well. And you can use this to analyse any market out there provided you have the data for it. Overall the software package is pretty awesome. It is expensive but worth every cent. I was very skeptical before buying it but have to say was pleasantly surprised by how much it has improved my trading. And whatever it cost me, I easily made that back and more within few weeks. It aids me a lot in all of my trading decisions and views nowadays. Readers on this blog would have seen the calls I made over time and you can judge for yourselves. Sure there have been duds - but that what makes the market. Cannot expect to hit home runs all the time. But on balance the software is an excellent aid to any serious trader out there in the market - Any market. We as Indians are always stingy when it comes to buying software - I know - But believe me this is worth every single cent.

CLICK HERE FOR THE SENTIENT TRADER HOMEPAGE

A chart that shows better what the software does -
(see also the charts from previous post: I think they are very clear)



There are many many other features also in the package. FLD lines which generate price targets..VTLs which will show if a low has passed on not and so on..Too much for me to go into in one post..But I will try to in later posts.

Feel free to ask me questions. I will be happy to answer.

Bests,
Lee

6 comments:

Aly said...

Thnks Lee for your analysis,

hmmm... a lot of people have managed to change their coats at the right time (or is it the right time???) so i agree that there may not be a sharp fall ahead. and if the markets are going to put in a low this week and a bounce next week then i dont see a chance of further lows (i. e. nifty and sensex lower than september lows)in the next year also

I agree with you that market internals have improved significantly and i believe a lot of fund managers have already started buying. I dont have a proof of this but my friends in I-Banking telling me that money has slowly staretd flowing inesp. in beaten down mid-caps etc

Anyway I am expecting atleast 4830 this week by nov 1st/2nd week. lets see how things PAN out

jonak said...

Hi ....I think u should take a look at this site:http://www.goldscents.blogspot.com/...

the writer has been very accurate with his predictions ... the main point to note is that its all about the dollar....the funding element of the markets and its CHEAPNESS.....when it rises corressponding to its main cycles ....other assets go down which happened in 2008. .....it has risen above 00 MA again .....and also it looks like its has already BOTTOMED ....now another important thing to note is that november 1-2 is the FED meeting .....if they decide on more PRINTING , then dollar falls and stocks go UP ...otherwise it falls....

Sachin said...

Lee,

I have the trial version on .. for sentient trader and i am using Ninja for the data.. i am not able to see the price for the actual software? What is the price? Is it $500? or more?

Also, where can i get more theory on VLT's and FLD?

I read the hurst book but i am not very clear.. that book asks the reader to create envelopes( although the steps are very murky). So if you have any link which talks about these terms, it would be great!!!

I appreciate your help!!

Cheers!!!

Lee said...

Sachin,

I think actual price is above 1500$..but if you upgrade from trial to full version, I think you get some discount..you can find all of the details on the site itself..let me know if not able to.

I tried Ninja did not work out well for me..So use ascii data from yahoo nowadays. And the full version is much better than trial.

Jonak, I checked the site..its ok..I think he is projecting way way too much and looks like another doom and gloom blog to me. I get very skeptical when I see stuff like that..think Prechter.

Aly, 4830 would be nice...For me also :)

Best,
Lee

Lee said...

Sachin, missed your other question. The Hurst book you are talking about is the first one he wrote. Its not good. Meaning it was his initial ideas before he came up with more concrete principles. I have never read it. Few experts on Hurst I follow over here recommended not to look at it because it will confuse.

Years later, Hurst developed a full length course. I have it and its awesome..Will tell you whatever you need to know..Again expensive -


J. M Hurst Cycles Trading and Training Course (Audio CD)

It is a home study course which will take you some time to work through.

https://www.traderspress.com/detail.php?PKey=99

See the testimonial at the bottom of the page.

Quote:
When Ed Dobson of Traders Press told me in mid 1998 that J.M. Hurst was alive and well, it was almost like hearing that a past market master had been resurrected. When he told me that Mr. Hurst had consented to the release of his proprietary tapes and trading course from a few decades back, I was truly excited. I have spent more than half my life studying cycles in the stock market and it was J.M. Hurst who started my great adventure almost thirty years ago with his book, "The Profit Magic of Stock Transaction Timing." To think that the serious market student will now have the chance to study and review the seminal cycle material from Hurst himself is the answer to a technician's prayer. Serious market students all learn sooner or later that there is no "Holy Grail" of market analysis. No technique is assured success in all market situa¬tions. But if you believe that the market's day to day movements are a random walk, do yourself a favor. Study the work of J.M. Hurst. It will permanently change your view of market behavior. It fascinated me almost 30 years ago and it continues to fascinate me to this day.—Peter Eliades Stockmarket Cycles

Alternatively, you can always listen to the webinars and tutorials the ST software folks have put up.

Best,
Lee

Chandra Sekhar Devatha said...

Lee,

Would you recommend "Channel Analysis: The Key To Share Price Prediction" - Brian J Millard
This is based on Hurst Cycles.

Regards,
Chandra