Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some Updates

Well faithful readers on this blog....You would have noticed that I have added a spreadsheet on top which essentially shows my trade performance since the beginning of this year...

Some notes: 

- The detail on the left shows details on the actual trades I have taken. I think the tabs are self explanatory.

- On the right hand side, you can see the details of the profits/losses which I booked so far and the positions still open and unrealized P&L. It also shows the performance record till date since beginning of year.

Some thoughts here:

- Why am I doing this? - 2 reasons. One is to act as a trading journal for me. I was already doing this - Now its public for all to see...Thats all.

2nd reason...Well this one is a bit more entrepreneurial in nature in that I want my performance to be recorded in case I ever become a money manager...Now I must confess..This is one of my ambitions...Well whether it comes true or not...I want to do this...

Okay...So how can you use this?...Well whenever I trade, I have already made clear before, I take hedges to protect myself...You can see this for yourself in above trades. Be very careful IF you try to follow my trades...usual disclaimers apply.

I would like to hear comments on my new venture and ideas..So dont be shy...let the comments flow...I am willing to consider any changes if valid and needed.

And also, if any one of you have ideas on what it will take to be a money/fund manager, please let me know or get in contact with me at my email id. 

EDIT:
Now you can see all the details on the sheet..I have adjusted a bit..Please do note that options are just a hedge for my main position... Also dont take any positions until I take new positions..I will update when I do this and also do a blog update.

If you want to, you can click on the right hand side icon of the spreadsheet to open in a new window and see everything in detail.

Again I stress..Do not take positions based off this just like that. Follow strict money management rules as I do...And as always disclaimers apply.

Best.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please let u know which option you have taken so that we can buy the same ( I mean stike price )

if you buy anthing , Please update the blog same so that even we can buy that.....( not next day )

regads

Subra

Lee said...

Now you can see all the details on the sheet..I have adjusted a bit..Please do note that options are just a hedge for my main position...

Also dont take any positions until I take new positions..I will update when I do this and also do a blog update.

Best.

Prashanth said...

Hi Prince,

One clarification sought: Your position sheet mentions (Open Trade - same is the case for closed trader as well)

Short Nifty Fut @ xxx
Long Nifty Puts @ XXX

How can the Nifty puts be a hedge for the Nifty Short. Both appreciate (profitwise) when market comes down and both have losses if market moves up.

Prashanth

fundooguysus said...

dear lee ,
im saurabh ur new blg reader. some freind has told abt ur blog.
im also having same query abt ur trade which u have mentioned, how come puts are the hedge for nifty future short. its a big ??????????
plz try to make ur trades more clear so that we newcomers can learn more if not able to get profit & can take positions accordingly.

fundooguysus said...

i think u have sold puts.that is really a smart option ,if u have done it in this type of sentiments. but still its a very risky trade.

Lee said...

Oops sorry guys...my bad...Its actually 2800CE calls..Not puts...my mistake when I editted the sheet yesterday...I have corrected the same now...And also updated the prices.

@Prashant, are you the Prashant I know from TI?

Best.

Lee said...

I will also update some of my trading notes and thinking on these trades a little later today...

Cheers all.

Prashanth said...

Quote>@Prashant, are you the Prashant I know from TI?

Yep :)

Lee said...

@Prashant - Hey Cool...Nice to see you here :)

Hmmnn the pressure on me increases!

Well I guess this is more of an experiment on my side...Putting performance out in public is tough but then thats the only way to maintain integrity.

Lets see how it works out...

To all newbies...Please do not blindly follow trades even though I will update in real time...Instead wait for a while, track the trades and then if you feel comfy, go ahead :) Paper trade it for now is my advice.

Cheers