Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Some Mumbo Jumbo

Some more mumbo jumbo from my side..more of an extension to the post below this..

Often I've wondered why we go through good patches and then bad patches..Is it luck or is it all in our head? I think its the latter..Even a gambler has good streaks...but again is it chance? is it luck? Or is it something else?

I have had some stupendous periods of gains and good trades .. I have wondered what made me do that..What created that? And why does it not continue ad infinitum? I believe its all about being in the 'zone' .. Now what is being in the zone..simple..I am sure we all would have played some kind of sport in our life and during some point of time, we would have been playing at the top of our game in a particular game..and NOTHING you do...NO MATTER what you do, it always goes right..Thats the ZONE.

Now traders also have this zone...I have found myself somehow stumbling into this ZONE sometimes..Its mostly by accident but sometimes by design as well..And once we are there, usually something stops the streak and reality snaps back..I think a lot of it depends on having the right amount of confidence and also the right amount of common sense...Most expert traders remain in the ZONE permanently and trading for them is like a second nature..Traders like me..well not quite there even though we'd like to be there...Its a tough game this trading..No matter what you do in life..what all you do successfully, nothing can prepare you for trading successfully except for trading itself.

Its a tough road..Most give up..

But heres to sticking on the road..And getting into that permanent 'ZONE'!

Thoughts on the market later.

Best.

2 comments:

Pi said...

Cheers dude !!!!!

Raghupati Raghav said...

Well said..While some people enjoy the zone period for a lifetime some struggle to get in and hang on. Giving a cricketing analogy, the windies were in a zone in 80's..the aussies a good of part 90's and 00's and now I would say the indians are in the threshold of entering a new zone :)