Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

THE GAPPER

12:30PM: Okay..Anyone shorted the pop to 2620? I added to shorts...Now hold and wait..Let us see..Good night all..Will try to post some charts tomorrow.
EDIT: Well on looking at intra charts some more, looks like we good have one more good push higher upto 2640 but not sure...More tomorrow!
=====================================================================================
11:40AM: I dont see any intraday patterns worth trading today...So no charts. I am also not sure what will happen later today...If we do infact stretch up into the 2620-2640 area, I will look to add some more shorts.
=====================================================================================
10:40AM: Hmmnn...Looks like shorting the open would have been a good trade..Nuts..Well I expected more strength today :) No trades yet today.

Something of interest and what I like for the BEAR case - Sentiment turned visibly more bullish over the 2 holidays we had...Based off a number of forums and blogs I visit..Pay attention here...I have been saying for a while we have to have one more low...Where exactly I do not know :)...Trade from point to point for now..
=====================================================================================
After the Open: Well not that big of a bounce as I expected..But there is still time..Done nothing so far. I see 2620 as first point we need to get above on on a hourly candle. Then 2660 - This is for the bullish case..For bears exact opposite today...I am just looking for spots to short at now...

How far do you think current bounce goes up to today? Comments please..
=====================================================================================
Uploaded the Zurich Axioms again -

The Axioms

Anyone missed reading this last time, please do. Its an awesome book necessary for everyone trading in the market..
====================================================================================
So looks like its a big gap up today for us after the 2 day holiday. Well got to take it as it comes. I will wait to see how market opens and trades today before making a decision. I see a few possibilities but would like to watch a bit before making any decisions.

Hedging against shorts is one thing I am thinking of. The other is to closing the shorts at loss and trying again higher. The last one is ofcourse add on to shorts at higher levels and so get to full short position size.

A decision has to be made :) More thoughts later.

Best.

5 comments:

प्रदीप said...

Thnks bro. Reading your blog quite some time. I found it very valuable........
I am also shorting here only. Don't think can reach 2660......

Regards

PRADEEP

Vipin said...

i think we should not cross 2660...
i am not shorting now,, will wait for iip numbers and inflation data today..

markets are oversold and marginally better number can trigger short rally...

Unknown said...

This bounce is with respect to US market which will not sustain since after rally of 6% today there will be profit booking as you can see US future index is already in red and so all other Asian markets are. What I feel today we should close around 2600 mark if not below that.

Lee said...

US market will top very soon as per my analysis...I was more concerned over the bounce here today...And timing the short additions properly..

Thanks for your comments guys..

प्रदीप said...

Hi lee

May be we can get the chance to short near 2740. But in two minds whether to add more shorts at that level.....already stuckup in 2600 shorts......