Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Fifth

12:45AM Update - Okay guys...after closing shorts close to the lows of the day so far, I am trying some scalps on the long side...Its too much work to post these trades here and also follow up on them since timeframe is very small..So I do not plan to do so...Cheers..Have a good trading day. I think we will get chance to reload shorts higher up around 2700 maybe even higher...Bye!
===================================================================================
11:45AM Update - Got out of all shorts at 2590 odd...I think we can still go down to 2550-2500 range but I will err on the side of safety...Good profits...So Cheers!
Not planning to go long for now...Not positional definitely...Cannot rule out a bounce to the 2680-2740 range in Nifty SPOT...So I might intraday scalp..Nothing else...Best!
====================================================================================
It is said that wave 3s are panicky, emotional moves where the majority of the selling happens and wave 5s on the other hand, are just slow descents/grinds down born out of apathy toward the markets. The analogy can be of "boiling a frog".

The fifth wave also brings about a wider acceptance of economic woes among the general public..Everyone knows things are bad...Everyone knows market is never going to recover again..Everyone knows we are in a recession OR worse a depression.
(compare this to sentiment when we were at 6350)

Above sounds familiar?

Yep where we are right now...The 5th wave of C...Which means the final decline before we get a very very significant rally upward. Maybe even a doubling from 2000-2200 odd levels wherever the market actually bottoms.

Within this 5th of C, we seem to be running in the 3 of 5 of C. See charts below and should make things more clear...

I expect this current selling wave might not breach 2500 so I will look to cover my shorts if I can...And try to again reshort higher for lower targets which cannot be determined accurately right NOW. If the market does not give me a good entry, I will not do anything but instead will plan how to trade the next big move up....Thats probably where the next BIG money will be made. Moving plan for now but I will fine tune it today and mention in the intraday updates.

Chart -


So thats my rough plan FWIW...Its a moving target and so I will adjust my trading accordingly...Always the last bit of declines will be tough to trade successfully.

My first target of 2550-2525 which I have been calling for long is very close. :)

PLEASE NOTE - VERY IMPORTANT: Even though I said there can be a small bounce at 2525 area and even drew the same on the charts, there does not have to be one...It can be a straight move down also - simple capitulation. I would not be surprised with this. The only problem I have is HOW to trade it..Just hold onto shorts or hedge somewhere in between? Well whatever I do, I shall post intraday.

Best.

No comments: