Hurst Cycles Trading Software - Accurately Forecast Nifty and Stock Cycles

Monday, September 12, 2011

Minor Squeeze might be ON - Is the 2.5 week low in?

So market took support at around the 4900-4920 area I mentioned yesterday in the final comments and bounced from there. Today this should continue for atleast a little bit in an effort to squeeze out some of the late shorts. Dont be fooled by this. Always remember the larger term trend is down and all longs should be hit and run affairs - Intraday longs only is best.

From a cycles perspective, it looks like the 2.5 week low came in early - this was always a possibility - one of the reasons I reduced on shorts yesterday/booked profits and also hedged the rest. I had mentioned this clearly in the comments and the edits section. With yesterday's trading day, we have run approximately 15 days in this cycle off of the 10 week low which also translates to 2.14 weeks - Close enough for government work. Lows can come early especially in very uncertain situations in the geopolitical front as we are seeing today.

5080 area on the upside - Might not even manage to get there - this is what we need to watch today and also next few days. I will be watching closely to see where I can reestablish the covered shorts. But initially I might cover some more at the open to re-add later. But not sure. I will update on the edits sections if I do anything. As of now almost double hedged and also covered more than 50% of the puts. Still have opportunity to reduce and re-add higher. We shall see how it turns out.

2.5 week, 5 week, 10 week - These are the cycles running right now in this 80 week cycle before we bottom in Oct end/Nov mid timeframe. The tops of all of these might have already come together last week at 5175 odd. But there is always the chance of the 5 week top coming in which could be a double top or a lower top at 5125 odd. Keep your thoughts and options open. If the market decides to rally from here, I expect it will still top out in few days which will be the 5 week top and we shall go down toward Sept end for the 5 week low. If we bottomed the 2.5 week cycle yesterday, calculate 2.5 weeks more to get the projected 5 week low - this gives approx Sept 27-29th timeframe for the 5 week low - You may calculate this for yourself and see how it works out. From here, you can also easily project the next 5 week cycle and so on - This is the basic tenet of the Hurst Method! So we are in the first 2.5 week cycle of this 10 week cycle. We will have 3 such 2.5 week cycles left. Calculate it and you will get approx Nov 2nd for the 10 week low, the 20 week low, the 40 week low and also the 80 week low. Also quite possibly the 4.5 year and 9 year lows - as I have explained before. If you want to understand this better, read and reread it again and ask questions if you need any clarifications.

EW wise, if the corrective is still running and what we saw recently was just the 'b' of the C wave, then more upside is pending toward maybe a double top kind of situation. Its quite possible and so we need to be open toward it. The preferred count is ofcourse that we have completed some sort of motive move down and we are now correcting it. So more hard down should come after a small corrective rally - This is obviously what I prefer bounces or not.

But whatever happens with short term bounces, the medium term mantra should be to short the rallies because downside pressure will be there until the Nov low which is expected by Hurst methodology. In between this we will have some intermediate lows as I have outlined above.

EDITS:

1. Added back some shorts here...I had covered a few lots at the lows of the morning and the rest what I had covered yesterday. Also rolled up hedges from 5000 calls to 5100 calls. Moving to more of a bearish allocation. Lets see..Can we get to 5025? 5050? Looks quite weak for now.

Best,
Lee

11 comments:

Bharat Kumar said...

Nice write up Lee!

golfdude said...

If we think wave 5 is on ( 4 from 4720 to 5170 ), then we might be in ii of 5 which can go to 5040-70 ( 50% ) range. Break of 5080 and above will need a EW recount. Else as you said, long term trend is down. Shorting in 5040-70 range might be ok with 5080 SL.

Lee said...

Hmmn..yes then you are probably right golfdude. Yes that is my preferred count for now. The reason I mentioned 5080 is because of the resistance there and the supply that will invariably come in at that level. I did not check the fibos. Probably an SL of 5080 is what makes most sense for shorter term trades.

Best,
Lee

Sujatha said...

Lee,

In recent days i didnt post anything reading your write up carefully trying to understand something. Pls. keep coming.

I feel in short term itself is a headache expecting atleast 4755 if 5035 not taken out?? Y 5035 even 4986 decesively.

Thanks onceagain for the excellent write up"inbetween the some hints for traders" is very nice especially. Hats off to your efforts.

regds

Lee said...

Hi Sujatha,

Yeah I should have been a writer shouldnt I? Hehe..Thanks for the compliments. Appreciate the same.

If you are interested..ONLY if you are interested, you may click on my name and there is another blog in there called - Its a wonderful life - Its a personal blog..but anyone reading that should get a lot of entertainment lol..I started it long time back..Ran for few months but then died off..But there is some excellent writeups and material in there...I feel ;) You wont be disappointed. No member of the fairer sex has been disappointed hehe...because of all the love related concepts in there.

Nevertheless, coming back to the markets, bottomline for me is..everything is bearish till November beginning. Thats how I see it for now. So that governs everything. Look at today itself - How bad does it look? I would have expected a much much better bounce than this. What we have seen so far is disappointing! I added back shorts in small amounts. Still have more to add.

I will update the blog as well.

Best,
Lee

vgeeyesaiyer said...

sir,
I appreciate your efforts in making the interested persons understand some intricacies in the subject matter. I am not a technical analyst but could understand the moves that are calculated with your method of following the market. My query is, will you be giving stock specific suggestions in the market in the comming days? Stock like Statebank, Bank of baroda, Icici etc., in the banking counter and some index stocks for the visitors of your blog and ofcourse to your subscribers and followers??

golfdude said...

Lee,

Do you trade US markets ? Any Hurst predictions there ?

gd

Sujatha said...

Writing is not that much easy Lee especially "the way of writing" any layman can understand and can initiate trade blindly.

by the way time permits definitely will visit the blog. "little bears" out it seems

regds

Kumar Technicals said...

Dear Lee!

Your followers list is increasing, doing great job...keep it up:)

Rgrds

Kumar

Lee said...

Sujatha, oscillating looks like..4900 needs to break for the big bear to be back.

Writing is an art..I agree.

Kumar sir, thanks for your compliments..Hope to be back to the old 'glory days' when this blog was very very lively :)

Golfdude, I dont trade US markets but I do analyse it heavily. I will post something on this soon. I have been saying this for a while but never got a chance to move forward.

Vg, i will mention if I do enter any stocks..but remember always your trades are your own. I am just presenting my analysis and ideas here..if someone benefits, then well and good..if not, well..
Its free advice..no subscribers or followers...Its always going to be your choice on what to do next.

Best,
Lee

anand said...

Dear Lee

I am thoroughly impressed with your detailed write up in the past esp. the Hurst cycle. If possible can you send me the copy of the book for Hurst cycle so that I can also study it. I am Medical Man by profession but developed a great interest in this market. Pl. reply. Thanks
Anand